The ballots have finally been cast and the media got their wish. The candidate they worked their hardest to protect has come out on top. But did the people receive the victor which they need? Many will say yes, and of course I will say no. Nothing personal you see, it is just I do not agree with the policies of Mr. President. In fact I am not quite sure what they might be as he has been on the campaign trail for the last four years and we all know campaign talk is putrid drivel. From both sides of course.
What I do know is I have witnessed an utter lack of leadership on all fronts and a sad propensity to assign blame routinely. I do not find it becoming of a leader. Campaign speeches are like visiting Santa Claus and carry little weight with me as a politician will spout anything. I am happy for those on the left as they got their wish as well. I hope the next four years yield more fruit for them as statistically his strongest supporters have suffered the most.
But the media is in Valhalla. Chris Mathews went so far as to thank the storm of the century for allowing the photo ops to make O look Presidential thus insuring his victory. What a load of tripe and a more vicious comment I have not heard. How insensitive Chris. I don’t buy your apology either as you are a long time political hack and winning is all that matters. No crocodile tears please.
The financial markets are not so pleased for some reason. It went slightly unnoticed but on election day the markets anticipated a Romney win and rallied strongly. Romney got wiped and for some reason the markets have been down handsomely ever since election day. Not a good omen if you ask me. What do investors fear? Answer, lots of potential policies and tax hikes and other goodies which sound good to some, but in the end harm us all. Ever heard of Obamacare? Be careful what you wish for and I will leave thoughts on it to posterity.
Fiscal cliffs on the horizon and FHA just announced they are out of reserves. CIA problems and still no answers on the loss of our Ambassador. Many questions should have been addressed by the media prior to the election yet they decided to spend their time deriding Mr. Romney and his wife. The next four ought to be fun for scandal observers. Israel and Syria are at war and of course Amad is waiting in the wings.
What were the Presidents accomplishments if all this overhang is becoming clear? I suppose Obamacare if you think that is an accomplishment. I surely do not. After all 85% of us have health insurance. The remaining 15% can receive treatment via Medicare etc. According to several polls conducted many who did not carry insurance do so by choice.They might be young and healthy or just prefer the premiums went to a nice car. So no I do not see this as an accomplishment. But what do I know? I am stating some facts and the people voted for more. Many have told me of the new and improved FEMA Mr. Obama created. Ask those on the east coast. According to them who lived through this storm, response has been worse than Katrina and FEMA is on the run as it is too cold for them.
One thing I am glad of is no more mudslinging ads. Most where vile, duplicitous and many were outright lies. Who cares? After all a lie told many times over becomes the truth to some. Thank god not to me. But $2.3 billion worth of it. Obscene. As I have always said, the payoff in politics must be huge. $2.3 billion would feed a lot of poor children. Money better spent than a bag full of lies ever was.
So what does the next four years hold out for us? More of the same no doubt. Mr. President is already spouting for more tax hikes and more energy emission reductions and taxes. All major headwinds to a weak economy. Europe and the middle east are rioting again and we have never seen divisions the likes of which the USA has since the civil war is my guess. Never more divided by one who claimed he would reunite us and make us all feel good. I look forward to interesting observations. Second terms can be problematic historically.
As I am always wont to say, be careful who you worship. Especially if he or she is a politician. Not to be trusted and especially not blindly as many are. I prefer to place my faith in we the people.
Article first published as <a href=’http://technorati.com/politics/article/the-people-have-spoken-four-more/’>The People Have Spoken! Four More blah blah blah…</a> on Technorati.